January: The beginning of the end
I hit my goal of working for at least a year at one workplace. Despite all the friends I made there, it was time for a change. At the end of the month, the company closed and everyone was laid off. I’m glad I worked there, and grateful for all the friends made there.
February: Where one door Slams shut, others open.
Old friendships end in an awful way. I never did end up apologizing to that person. I wish I said “I’m Sorry, I can’t do this anymore. I won’t enter your house again, or bother you again.” It’s best we went our own ways. “Sometimes it’s best to leave a relationship broken, than picking up the pieces and hurt yourself. I had to face reality and move on.”
I wasn’t alone anymore because the truth set me free. There was no way for me to continue on like none of this happened. That end marked new chapters with new friends.
March: the Pandemic Saga begins
I was pretty useless in March this past year. I was heartbroken from the rejection-breakup. I had to reevaluate my entire life and life choices because of that loss. I was grieving the death of my 18 year old kitty from December 2019, I was grieving being laid off from a job I liked. It was extremely stressful at home as Mom and I adjusted to being around each other all day at home. I had a nervous breakdown on day two of a new job at the end of February and had to quit that job. I felt suicidal… This time I asked for help from Mom and I went to the hospital. Because of this difficult experience, the psychiatrist there pointed me to the right help. At home, I lived on the couch in comfortable pajamas, wrapped in a blanket. I split my time on the phone, or watching relationship and psychology videos on YouTube. I started seeing my current therapist in March, and started doing groups over zoom too. As of the date of this post, 12/31/20, I haven’t met my therapist in person yet. It’s been a weird year for therapy. Oh and I started this blog on 03/27/20!
April: Bargaining & Depression
Looking back in my journal, I was torturing myself with excessive blame and trying to right my sense of sanity. Worse yet I had to deal with all this grief in a pandemic world away from family and friends. Weekday zoom therapy groups became my social life.
May… More of the same
It was still early into my recovery phase. But this month produced two of my personal favorite blog posts this year:
June: Comfort eating
Brownies, roses, poetry, and Anthony bourdain oh my!
July: The long summer part 1,2, and 3
August: The long summer parts 4,5, and 6.
September never ends: The long summer parts 7-10.
Gumpa passed away at age 92 in September.
October: part 1 of the 2020 election.
November: The election parts 2 & 3.
December: It doesn’t feel like the end.
Happy new year!
Thank you for reading this, if you enjoyed it, please give it a like, tell me what you think in the comments, and share on Facebook. Don’t forget to subscribe to my email list for updates!
Please wear a mask outside that covers your mouth and nose, wash your hands, clean your cell phone, and keep your physical distance (6 feet) from others to fight Covid-19!
© Reilly Anderson. 2020. All rights reserved.
Every blog post in 2020! Happy New year!
- Jamaican Jerk Pork in an oven
- Back from the break
- Correction: I’m taking a 3 week break
- I feel like quitting blogging
- Time to Return to Therapy
- The Pandemic Blues
- Post will be out tomorrow…
- I’m Back Baby!
- Hot Takes after a Blazing Hot Monday
- Time to be social
- Coco-nut’s Birthday!
- What The Fuck?! (NSFW?)
- Another lay off 🤬😦🤦/The Mirror
- A half dozen days since the chickens died
- Beginnings, Middles, Ends…
- A Week complete!
- 35 years old
- Into The Unknown: Year 2
- Taking a break from Blogging, Taking a Break from Dating
- Glimpse of a future
- Nindō, a Naruto blog post.
- A Step Forward
- Recovery during the Pandemic
- Listen to your emotions & Forgive yourself.
- Inflection Point
- In a Viktor Frankl mood; Migraine hangover.
- Which came first: The Chicken or Crab Water?
- Fight Idiots, Become an Idiot.
- Lessons from my first girlfriend at 34.
- I feel like shit today.
- Inauguration day 2021: A breath of fresh air
- Burnout 2021
- 2021 Insurrection.
- Frazil Soul
- 100 Followers & Updates!
- Single and Unemployed on the same day
- 2021 is here… Now what?
- 2020’s Last Impression.
- Two roads
- I Hate advertising
- 5 things I learned from blogging in December 2020
- Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays!
- Dream Job
- Reality Check
- Adjusting Boundaries Outside-In ☯️
- 2 minute melted marshmallows with Heath bits topping bowl
- Remembering Flip.
- Love and Christmas shopping in Pandemic
- Distanced love
- 7 ways seeking entry level/minimum wage jobs is crazy!
- Xmas come early? Covid test negative!
- A cold, coronavirus, or pandemic fatigue?
- Sonder Meander
- Waiting for results
- I might have covid-19
- My 2020 in Spotify
- Netflix and chill afternoon date by myself.
- Xmas, South Park, and Texting. These are a few of my favorite things…
- Hands on the keyboard
- Well, I missed a post yesterday
- Oof, So no more work after next week…
- My Siamese kitten Coconut
- Tinder saga part 2: Success?
- Blog Post Marathon, 12/01/20
- Are You Ready To Love? Written by Alexandra Maria Santos.
- December Goal: Post 31 days in a row!
- Tinder saga part 1: Did I mess up?
- The Healing Journey Continues.
- Goal: Go on 1 date before 2021!